Re: plpgsql raise - parameters can be expressions

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Pavel Stehule <stehule(at)kix(dot)fsv(dot)cvut(dot)cz>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: plpgsql raise - parameters can be expressions
Date: 2005-06-14 06:49:51
Lists: pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:
> I'd lean to the former myself --- which actually does suggest that this
> patch is not ready for application yet, because it banks on the
> assumption that "x,y,z" should be treated as a single expression.

Attached is a revised patch that stores the RAISE parameters as a list
of expressions, and evaluates that list via repeated application of
exec_eval_expr(). I also updated the regression tests to not remove the
SQLERRM/SQLSTATE tests. Applied to HEAD.

-Neil

Attachment Content-Type Size
plpgsql_raise_expr-6.patch text/x-patch 15.1 KB