Re: 8.x driver with EJB CMP

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Sunil(dot)Vishnubhotla(at)gwinnettcounty(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.x driver with EJB CMP
Date: 2005-06-08 22:51:22
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Sunil(dot)Vishnubhotla(at)gwinnettcounty(dot)com wrote:

> The same code works like a charm when I revert back to 7.4x JDBC driver with PGSql 8.x. Could it be the way the 8.x drivers are implemented?

Yes, the 8.x drivers changed to make full use of the V3 protocol, which
involves pushing parameter substitution to the backend. Previous drivers
did textual substitution into the query, which had slightly different
behaviour but limited what could be done in the way of streaming large
parameter values and preserving query plans between executions.

-O