Re: which commands under PostgreSQL do the similar func

From: Ying Lu <ying_lu(at)cs(dot)concordia(dot)ca>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: which commands under PostgreSQL do the similar func
Date: 2005-06-06 18:10:16
Lists: pgsql-general

>>"show processlist" will display DB, command, time, State, etc under MySQL:
>>
>>| Id | User | Host | db | Command | Time |
>>*State * | *Info*
>>| 21 | admin | server1:40898 | test | *Query* | 104 |
>>Copying to tmp table | INSERT INTO test (SELECT ... ...
>>

>>May I know which commands to display similar current running
>>commands/states under PostgreSQL please?
>>

>You're looking for something like SELECT * FROM pg_stat_activity;

I tried this query. Under column "current_query", I always got: <command
string not enabled> but not the correct queries.

I searched the previous mailing list, it seems that I need also setup
stats_command_string = true in postgresql.conf to see the queries. May I
ask will if arise any performance issues please?

I'd love to get some info about setting up:

stats_block_level = true
stats_row_level = true

Thanks A LOT,
Emi