missing warning in pg_import_system_collations

From: Anton Voloshin <a(dot)voloshin(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: missing warning in pg_import_system_collations
Date: 2021-09-09 06:45:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello hackers,

In pg_import_system_collations() there is this fragment of code:

enc = pg_get_encoding_from_locale(localebuf, false);
if (enc < 0)
{
/* error message printed by pg_get_encoding_from_locale() */
continue;
}

However, false passed to pg_get_encoding_from_locale() means
write_message argument is false, so no error message is ever printed.
I propose an obvious patch (see attachment).

Introduced in aa17c06fb in January 2017 when debug was replaced by
false, so I guess back-patching through 10 would be appropriate.

--
Anton Voloshin
Postgres Professional, The Russian Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_import_system_collations-warning.patch text/x-patch 522 bytes