punctuation in function tables

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: punctuation in function tables
Date: 2005-05-20 01:35:12
Lists: pgsql-docs

The function definition tables in func.sgml use punctuation
inconsistently: some descriptions are terminated by a period, some are
not. Is there any opinion on which variant is "correct"?

If not, I'll update the docs so that sentences in descriptions are
separated by periods, rather than terminated: so single sentence
descriptions will have no period, and multiple sentence descriptions
will have periods except for the last sentence. I have a vague
recollection that we use this style elsewhere...

-Neil