Re: New acinclude.m4

From: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
To: "Adam H(dot) Pendleton" <fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net>
Cc: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New acinclude.m4
Date: 2005-05-19 20:30:43
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Adam H. Pendleton wrote:
> On May 19, 2005, at 3:46 PM, Raphaël Enrici wrote:
>

>>Can you try the patch attached on OSX with a fresh checkout (don't
>>apply the configure.ac I just sent) ? (I need to rebuild wxWid to
>>generate static libs... it may take a moment).
>>

> Your attached patch isn't going to do anything. `wx-config --libs`
> and `wx-config --libs --static` both return the same thing, unless
> you have both a static and dynamic version of wx2 in the same tree.
> For 99% of us, adding the --static flag makes no difference.

I'm glad to be so "rare"... It seems I belong to the 1%: I have a
dynamic build. ;)
Please also note that the patch attached reintroduce your code
concerning the static link of the rest of the libs (libpq and sons).

However, you are the ac guru and I'm fully satisfied by a dynamic
linking with the new acinclude.m4 (+ the configure.ac patch).
The real question is:
- do we still need "full" static linking (at least libpq, ssl,..?).

If yes, then the new acinclude.m4 does not provide it anymore and we
need to rework on it.

Regards,
Raphaël