[Fwd: Re: [HACKERS] plperl and pltcl installcheck targets]

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [HACKERS] plperl and pltcl installcheck targets]
Date: 2005-05-14 15:49:01
Lists: pgsql-patches

I don't know what heppened to the original of this. Maybe it caught by
some filter because of the .tgz file. So instead of including it again I
have uploaded it to planetpostgresql. It can be got here:
|http://people.planetpostgresql.org/andrew/wp-content/plregress.tgz

cheers

andrew

-----------------------
Tom Lane wrote:

>Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> writes:
>

>>Is that what you had in mind?
>>

>Not entirely. We should move around the test sql script and the expected
>result file so that the file structure looks exactly like one of the
>test-enabled contrib modules. I realize that's a PITA to describe as a
>patch --- just tell me in words what to put where (ls -lR maybe) and
>it shall be so.

OK, here's what I have. The tgz file contains the sql and expected
directories for the 3 PLs, plus there's a patch for the makefiles. With
this the following would become redundant:

pl/plperl/test/*
pl/tcl/test/*
pl/plpython/*.sql
pl/plpython/{feature,error}.*
pl/plpython/test.sh

If you wanted to you could preserve history by moving and renaming the
sql files - I'm not sure it're really worth it.

cheers

andrew

Attachment Content-Type Size
plregress.makediff text/plain 1.9 KB