pg_dumpall failing

From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: General PostgreSQL List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_dumpall failing
Date: 2006-10-26 02:53:46
Lists: pgsql-general

I am trying to preform a complete dump of my database. However, I am getting an error when
pg_dumpall reachs one particular database. I reformated the text so that it wouldn't get chopped
to pieces after it is sent.

Here is the output from pg_dumpall:

postgres(at)db_server01~ $ pg_dumpall > test.dump
pg_dump: SQL command failed
pg_dump: Error message from server:
before or while processing the request.
pg_dump: The command was:
SELECT t.tableoid,
t.oid,
t.relname as indexname, pg_catalog.pg_get_indexdef(i.indexrelid) as indexdef, t.relnatts as
indnkeys, i.indkey, i.indisclustered, c.contype, c.conname, c.tableoid as contableoid, c.oid as
conoid, (SELECT spcname FROM pg_catalog.pg_tablespace s WHERE s.oid = t.reltablespace) as
tablespace FROM pg_catalog.pg_index i JOIN pg_catalog.pg_class t ON (t.oid = i.indexrelid) LEFT
JOIN pg_catalog.pg_depend d ON (d.classid = t.tableoid AND d.objid = t.oid AND d.deptype = 'i')
LEFT JOIN pg_catalog.pg_constraint c ON (d.refclassid = c.tableoid AND d.refobjid = c.oid) WHERE
i.indrelid = '16737'::pg_catalog.oid ORDER BY indexname
pg_dumpall: pg_dump failed on database "mydb", exiting

Here is the output from the logs when this errors occurs: