Re: interesting SQL puzzle - concatenating column with itself.

From: Nick Fankhauser <nickf(at)ontko(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: interesting SQL puzzle - concatenating column with itself.
Date: 2005-05-10 19:56:35
Lists: pgsql-sql

Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> The order is not really guaranteed, though if this is a one-shot thing,
> you may get away with turning off hashed aggregates.

When I read this, I assumed there was a runtime parameter I could set that was similar to ENABLE_HASHJOIN. Are you referring to a different runtime parameter or something else entirely?

BTW the concatenation function you suggest works nicely except that as you noted, it concatenates in an unpredictable order, so I'm now trying to solve that problem.

-Nick

Nick Fankhauser

nickf(at)ontko(dot)com Phone 765.935.4283 Fax 765.962.9788
Ray Ontko & Co. - Software Consulting Services
http://www.ontko.com