Re: Deep integration of PostgreSQL with Apache

From: Thomas Hallgren <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Deep integration of PostgreSQL with Apache
Date: 2005-05-03 21:19:43
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-interfaces

Robin Boerdijk wrote:
> Why would
> this web/database server be limited to using only one connection?

No it wouldn't. I misunderstood your question. It's one process/one
connection. If you don't use Apache as a multi-threaded server, then
your question makes more sense. Still, it's a lot of work to make it
happen and I'm not sure you'd gain anything. My advice would be to
consider a multi-threaded server that uses a connection pool and perhaps
include some shared caching of data that is more static in nature in the
middle tier. That could really save some context switches.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren