Re: Roadmap for pgAdmin3 on OSX

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Roadmap for pgAdmin3 on OSX
Date: 2005-04-13 12:56:00
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Florian G. Pflug wrote:
> So pgadmin3 on windows checks if there is a service called "postgresql" (or
> whatever), and then create a server definition for that postgres
> instance if it find an appropriate service?

Yup.

> How does pgadmin3 know the configuration for the service? (I guess it at
> least needs to know the port number)

We just guess it to be 5432... You'd have to change it later if it's not
correct.

>> - A combobox in the toolbar with currently available connections would
>> be nice (menu to create conn)
>
> What do you mean with "menu to create conn"? I'd put a combobox with
> all available servers in there, and a second one with all databases on
> that server..

Noooo...
m servers by n databases....
You'd probably using only some combinations, so I'd like a dedicated
connect to a selected server/db, which then appears in the "connected"
combobox so you can select only connected server/db combinations.

So what I mean is a "Connect..." menu under File, which is dynamically
filled with submenus for each server and each connectable+nonconnected db.

> Ok.. I'll go browsing the code before pestering you with further
> questions ;-)))))

:-)

Regards,
Andreas