Re: Is Indexed View Supported in psql 7.1.3??

From: Steve Poe <spoe(at)sfnet(dot)cc>
To: thanga(at)midascomm(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is Indexed View Supported in psql 7.1.3??
Date: 2005-04-11 05:35:08
Lists: pgsql-performance

stp,

I cannot help you with the first point, but as far as performance
analysis, I share with you what I've been using.

1) pgbench -- which comes with PostgreSQL
2) OSDB (http://osdb.sourceforge.net/)
3) pg_autotune (http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgautotune/)
4) PQA (http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pqa/)

You did not mention how your database is being used/going to be used. If
its already in production, use PQA, but I personally have not
implemented yet since seemed to be to take a performance hit of 15-25%
when running it. Your mileage may vary.

I use pgbench for quick tests and OSDB for more disk thrash testing.

I am new to this; maybe someone else may be able to speak from more
experience.

Regards.

Steve Poe