Re: OSX Status

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: OSX Status
Date: 2005-04-07 09:49:12
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Florian G. Pflug wrote:
> Hi
>
> This newest wxMac Version (2.5.5) fixes both the Icon-Distortion Problem
> in the treeview, and the
> Help-Window-Is-Attached-To-The-Top-Of-The-Screen Problem.

Good to hear!

> This only remaining showstopper for pgAdminIII on Mac, as far as I can
> tell, is now the wrong size of all the dialogs. Since most xrc
> files use absolute positioning, and widgets on OSX tend to be larger
> than the GTK or Windows ones, I don't know a clean way to fix this.

This probably means that the dialog unit calculation, on which all
sizing is based, has a problem. Please enable debug logging, when
starting pgadmin will log some lines about font calculation:

Using fontmetrics .....
Native Description ....
Draw size of 'M'
Draw size of 'g'
Draw size of 'Mg'

Please provide this information, hopefully we get this fixed before wx2.6.

Regards,
Andreas