Postmaster running out of discspace; Data corruption?

From: Hannes Dorbath <light(at)theendofthetunnel(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postmaster running out of discspace; Data corruption?
Date: 2005-04-05 15:55:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
one of our servers did accidently run out of discspace during a huge
data load. Postmaster closed the connection with `no space left on
device, cannot write x_log' or something similar. We have fsync=false on
that machine. Do we have to fear data corruption? Postmaster continued
as normal (without a restart) after we freed some space on the drive and
did a VACUUM FULL.

Thanks in advance