Re: Idea: closing the loop for "pg_ctl reload"

From: Jan de Visser <jan(at)de-visser(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Idea: closing the loop for "pg_ctl reload"
Date: 2015-03-02 16:48:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On March 2, 2015 09:50:49 AM Tom Lane wrote:
> However, you could and should use pg_malloc0, which takes care of that
> for you...

I am (using pg_malloc, that is). So, just to be sure: pg_malloc memsets the
block to 0, right?

My question was more along the lines if memsetting to 0 to ensure that pointer
fields are NULL and int/long fields are 0. I know they are on Linux, but don't
know if that applies to other platforms as well, or if I need to set fields
explicitly to those 'zero'/'uninitialized' values.

jan