libpq and referencing data type OIDs

From: Marvin Bellamy <marvin(dot)bellamy(at)innovision(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: libpq and referencing data type OIDs
Date: 2005-04-04 20:58:12
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I want to use postgres' datatype OID definitions and not use the literal
Oid int values (I'm feeding them into PQexecParams()). But, it looks
like these values are defined in a header not included by libpq-fe.h.
When I try importing catalog/pg_type.h, I get a slew of missing data
type errors. So, what's the appropriate way to reference OID data types?

--
Marvin Keith Bellamy
Software Engineer