Re: pgsql: Adjust SGML ulink tags to the URL is always

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Adjust SGML ulink tags to the URL is always
Date: 2005-04-04 07:51:37
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-patches

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Please revert this patch. It is nonsense.

http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/ulink.html says:

"When rendered online, it is natural to make the content of the ULink
element an active link. When rendered in print media, the URL might be
ignored, printed after the text of the link, or printed as a footnote."

I guess the question is how <ulink/> is actually handled by the SGML
tools we care about. Can we assume that _none_ of those tools will
ignore the "url" attribute in print media?

-Neil