Re: 8.0.1 and the ODBC driver

From: Marko Ristola <marko(dot)ristola(at)kolumbus(dot)fi>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.0.1 and the ODBC driver
Date: 2005-04-01 17:36:40
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Peter Eisentraut wrote:

>Script Head wrote:
>

>>Can someone please clarify this? What one should do to install 8.0.1
>>and ODBC?
>>

>The ODBC driver and the PostgreSQL server are completely separate
>packages to download and install. If you find documentation to the
>contrary, please tell us so we can remove the confusion.

--with-unixodbc is mentioned in the following three psqlodbc CVS files:

configure.ac
odbc.sgml
README.unix

Another thing is the dependencies with the PostgreSQL server:

According to the documentation in README.unix, ODBC driver compilation
requires
PostgreSQL server sources.

I compiled from the CVS sources, but I did not use the
recommended PostgreSQL 7.3 sources (see README.unix).
I compiled the ODBC driver against PostgreSQL 8.0.1.

The first command, that is needed for compilation, is
aclocal-1.6 -I . -I $PGSRC/config

It refers to the PostgreSQL server's sources.

Marko Ristola