general purpose full text indexing

From: Avishai Weissberg <ovesh1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: general purpose full text indexing
Date: 2005-03-28 19:00:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I am trying to find a suitable FTI component.

I am aware of tsearch2, but as far as I understand it doesn't really suit my
purposes. I want to be able to run a search on a huge TEXT column, where the the
column's content is made of words (each 'word' is an email address) seperated by
white-spaces and commas. The search should also support wild-chars. Lexemes are
not needed, as the 'words' are not in any language.

An example entry would be:
===========
'anbd(at)ijadf(dot)com, okok(at)uhuh(dot)org,plpl(at)erer(dot)com, spsp(at)qaqa(dot)ne(dot)jp'
Entries run up to several thousand charaters.

An example query would be:
WHERE column_name like '%(at)uhuh(dot)org' or column_name like '%plpl(at)erer(dot)com%'

Is there a way to do this using tsearch2 without implementing a new parser?
Is there another component of which I am not aware for full text indexing?

Warmest regards,
Avishai.