Re: How to improve db performance with $7K?

From: Steve Poe <spoe(at)sfnet(dot)cc>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Bjoern Metzdorf <bm(at)turtle-entertainment(dot)de>, performance pgsql <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to improve db performance with $7K?
Date: 2005-03-26 13:04:44
Lists: pgsql-performance

>Steve, can we clarify that you are not currently having any performance
>issues, you're just worried about failure? Recommendations should be based
>on whether improving applicaiton speed is a requirement ...

Josh,

The priorities are: 1)improve safety/failure-prevention, 2) improve
performance.

The owner of the company wants greater performance (and, I concure to
certain degree), but the owner's vote is only 1/7 of the managment team.
And, the rest of the management team is not as focused on performance.
They all agree in safety/failure-prevention.

Steve