XML and Postgres

From: Greg Lindstrom <greg(dot)lindstrom(at)novasyshealth(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: XML and Postgres
Date: 2005-03-16 17:31:39
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello-
I am fairly new to postgres, but have been coding for over 20 years and
would like to know what, if anything, is available to post data in XML
format to postgres. I have read (seemingly) conflicting reports that
Oracle will allow users to post an xml formatted document directly to
the database and my sysadmin "seems to recall" reading about it. I am
in the process of dissecting a fairly complex xml file (health care
claims data in EDI x12 format) and would much rather use an existing
technology to post it if it exists.

So, does such a thing exist? Or perhaps I have misread the literature
and am off base?

Thanks for your help.

--greg

Greg Lindstrom 501 975.4859
Computer Programmer greg(dot)lindstrom(at)novasyshealth(dot)com
NovaSys Health
Little Rock, Arkansas

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." W.W.