undefined symbol: ucs2_to_utf8

From: "John E(dot) Vincent" <jvincent(at)clacorp(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: undefined symbol: ucs2_to_utf8
Date: 2005-03-13 02:57:32
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I originally posted the following as a bug to the bug tracker. I saw the
post about a new version of the odbc driver and just tested it out. Our
bug still stands so I'm following up to the list to see if I can get
some help on the problem below. Thanks to all.

Original link:
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/psqlodbc/bugs/bugupdate.php?1176

We're currently using postgres 8.0 as the basis for our data warehouse.

Our ETL vendor provides a utility called ivtestlib which is licensed by
DataDirect for testing ODBC driver compatibility. We were attempting to
upgrade from psqlodbc-07.03.0200 to psqlodbc-08.00.0004. After
recompiling, we tested the resultant .so file in the .lib directory of
the source tree against ivtestlib and it passed with:

Load of psqlodbc.so successful, qehandle is 0x8049980

After doing a make install of the driver and retesting, we got the
following error:

Load of /opt/psql/lib/psqlodbc.so failed: /opt/psql/lib/psqlodbc.so:
undefined symbol: ucs2_to_utf8

I'm confused as to how this would be different after doing the install
vs. the file being in the build directory.

If anyone can provide any insight, I would greatly appreciate it. Below
are the build flags we used for building 08.00.0004 and 07.03.0200.

Thanks again.

Build flags for 07.03.0200:
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --with-unixodbc

Build flags for 08.00.004:
./configure --prefix=/opt/psql --sysconfdir=/opt/psql/etc
--with-unixodbc --with-odbcver=0x0351

(Note that we have the same problem no matter which ODBCVER we choose.

Thanks!
--
John E. Vincent