Re: [BUGS] BUG #1523: precision column value returned from

From: Sergio Lob <Sergio_Lob(at)iwaysoftware(dot)com>
To: oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com
Cc: Sergio_Lob(at)iwaysoftware(dot)com, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, Ephraim_Spravtsev(at)iwaysoftware(dot)com
Subject: Re: [BUGS] BUG #1523: precision column value returned from
Date: 2005-03-11 15:55:35
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-jdbc

By the way, the PostgreSQL ODBC driver has different format for
retrieved timestamps w/ time zone.

For instance, an inputted timestamp w/ time zone value of '1999-10-30
11:12:13-8', which is pacific standard time zone, displayed a retrieved
character string value of '1999-10-20 15:12:13' (without the time zone
designation), I suppose it must translate it to the current locale's
timezone. This output format here would conform to the java 2 api spec
JDBC timestamp escape format defined in timestamp.toString() method
description. But I still like Oracle's definition best...

Sergio