problem with CR+LF in files in psql \i command

From: "Luiz K(dot) Matsumura" <luiz(at)planit(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problem with CR+LF in files in psql \i command
Date: 2005-03-10 03:31:56
Lists: pgsql-patches

Hi,
I need to backup my database with pg_dump and recover it in other
windows machine.
I recover my database running the pg_dump generated script in psql with
\i command
At each time I do this operation , misteriously the space between lines
multiplies in my functions and comments.

Well, I discover that when I use \i <file> command in psql with a file
generated in windows format ( CR+LF terminated lines) psql actually
sends the CR character at each line break to postgres, causing this effect.

I make a change in input.c that resolve this problem, but I'm not a
expert in c, therefore if someone have a better solution,
please do the necessary changes.

Thanks in advance.

Attachment Content-Type Size
input.c.diff text/plain 411 bytes