Question about accessing current row data inside trigger

From: peter Willis <peterw(at)borstad(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Question about accessing current row data inside trigger
Date: 2005-03-08 19:37:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I have a trigger function written in C.
The trigger function is called via:

CREATE TRIGGER after_update AFTER UPDATE ON some_table
FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE my_trigger_function();

Since the trigger is called after each row update the actual row data
should be available in some way to the trigger.
What functionality (SPI ?) do I use to use the column values from
the current row in the actual trigger?

thanks for any insight,

Peter