Re: port 5432

From: Andrew Hammond <ahammond(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info>
To: jÿffffe9rÿfffff4me STEVENS <stevensjerome(at)yahoo(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: port 5432
Date: 2005-02-28 22:16:05
Lists: pgsql-ports

This list operates in english. There is a list for french language
conversations. Please see

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-fr-generale/

If I understand your question correctly, it looks like your postgres
install is not binding to the tcp/ip socket. You need to find the
postgres.conf file and make the following change:

#tcpip_socket = false
tcpip_socket = true

Then you need to reload the configuration files (as the postgres user)

pg_ctl reload

Finally, test the system for connectivity using psql:

psql -h localhost -l

- --
Andrew Hammond 416-673-4138 ahammond(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info
CB83 2838 4B67 D40F D086 3568 81FC E7E5 27AF 4A9A