Re: Referencing created tables fails with message that

From: Tommy Svensson <tommy(at)tommysvensson(dot)net>
To: Postgresql-General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Referencing created tables fails with message that
Date: 2005-02-28 11:50:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks for all the replys, I got quite a lot of them, and haven't had
time to read them all yet, but
one common comment I get is "You didn't supply enough information" , "be
more specific", etc.

You are of course right.

From the answers I got however, it seems to be a very high propability
that it is
different case in table name between create and select, etc that causes
the problem. It does
make sense (now). I got the suggestion to quote the table names. I also
switched tools
after creating the first table and trying to create the next since the
first tool was so simple
it did not support foreign keys. That was probably a bad thing to do :-)
I will drop the
table in the tool that created it and then recreate them in the same
tool and quote the names
as suggested. I'm quite sure that will solve my problem.

<inMyDefense skip="OK">
- I've used Oracle, DB2, Mimer, and HSQLDB before, and my experience
with these led me
to beleive that SQL was case insensitive. In fact, I was so sure of it
that a case problem
just never occured to me.
- Since I could create the table I assumed it was OK and there were no
point in describing
the table.
</inMyDefense>

Regards,