SQL error: function round(double precision, integer) does not exist

From: TJ O'Donnell <tjo(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SQL error: function round(double precision, integer) does not exist
Date: 2005-02-27 23:26:07
Lists: pgsql-sql

I received the following error when executing a SQL statement:

SQL error:
ERROR: function round(double precision, integer) does not exist

In statement:

select id,smiles,smarts,parameter,oe_count_matches(smiles,smarts) as count,
round((parameter*oe_count_matches(smiles,smarts)),2) as psa,tpsa(smiles) as ctpsa,tpsa
from structure,tpsa
where id < 237610
and oe_count_matches(smiles,smarts) > 0

order by id;

The functions described at:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/functions-math.html
show that round(numeric,int) should work ok.
If I use round() without a second argument, it works OK, but
this gives a loss of precision which I do not want.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,
TJ