Duplicate Data insertion

From: "Ponmalar Dhanuskodi" <ponmalar(dot)ttcpl(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Duplicate Data insertion
Date: 2007-06-14 09:26:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

when we are using the postgreSQL in one system and
inserting data in the table.when we are taking the backup of the postgresql
Database and Restoring in another system and inserting the data in the table
in the restored system then this error is coming "Duplicate Key Insertion"
because the bigserial we are declaring in the table is incremented 10 for
example in backup system and in the system we restored the serial is again
starting from 1 then this error is displayed.In the restored system even if
the table contains 10 records the sequence number is showing
1.sequencenumber is not
changing.Please give any suggestions.

With Regards,

Ponmalar.D