Re: postgresql 8.0 advantages

From: Si Chen <schen(at)graciousstyle(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql 8.0 advantages
Date: 2005-02-25 17:20:29
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-general

Thanks!

Is there any documentation on how to upgrade to 8.0?

Is it possible to upgrade from 7.4 to 8.0 while keeping a production
database running "in place"? Or should I install 8.0 in another
directory/machine and then restore the database into it? Are there any
incompatibilities/modifications to databases from the earlier veresion
required?

(I am running RHEL3.)

Si Chen