MySQL to PostgreSQL movement

From: Ned Lilly <ned(at)nedscape(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: MySQL to PostgreSQL movement
Date: 2005-02-17 13:56:55
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

http://www.crn.com/sections/breakingnews/breakingnews.jhtml?articleId=60401366

Excerpt:

In an interview at LinuxWorld in Boston, Mickos acknowledged some MySQL-to-PostgreSQL movement, but shrugged it off. "They [PostgreSQL] absolutely try to be an Oracle replacement. We do not. We're here for new markets," Mickos told CRN.

This very much squares with what we're hearing at the booth at LinuxWorld.