Re: runtest bug and bigcheck problems

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Rick Touchette" <rick(dot)touchette(at)nwa(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: runtest bug and bigcheck problems
Date: 2001-04-13 16:06:26
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Rick Touchette" <rick(dot)touchette(at)nwa(dot)com> writes:
> In order to get the runtest regression test to work I had to change line 100
> in regress.sh
> from:
> createlang $HOSTLOC plpgsql regression
> to:
> createlang -L /home/n33rta/pgsql/lib $HOSTLOC plpgsql regression
> (I had to specify the lib location)

This is fixed in 7.1.

> Item #2
> Before install the runcheck test worked fine but when I tried the bigcheck
> test it hung.
> that is the test ran fine until the big (whatever) test and never finished
> (4+ hours)

If you got through the regular test then it's highly unlikely that
bigcheck would really fail --- it's simply a repeat of the regular
numeric test with (many) more digit positions. I think you just didn't
wait long enough. The big numeric test does take a ridiculously long
time...