Trip back in time

From: Paul Cochrane <paul(dot)m(dot)cochrane(at)tuht(dot)scot(dot)nhs(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Trip back in time
Date: 2005-02-11 12:19:50
Lists: pgsql-odbc

First of all thanks to all who helped me yesterday in just getting the
driver to compile on visual studio. I can now do this.

I have discovered another problem though. I have a database that works
with the 7.3.2.0 driver. It doesn't work with 7.3.2.9 or later (I've
tried 7.5.01. and 8.0.0.4). The effect is the same however on all the
later drivers. The application (paradox) simply bombs out with no error
message and the postgres server gives an error:

pq_recvbuf: recv() failed: Connection reset by peer

My guess is that a bug has been introduced somewhere between version
7.3.2.0 and 7.3.2.9 (and this has been inherited by the current
release). I have the source for 7.3.2.0 but don't have the source for
any of the later 7.3.2.X versions (I downloaded the dll for 7.3.2.9 from
hinoue' site). Is there any way of getting a copy of the source for
these versions of the driver? I can't access CVS from here & wouldn't
have a clue how to do this anyway).

If anyone happens to have various versions of the driver as a dll (or
source) then can they send them to me so I can at least figure out
between what versions the problem started.

Many thanks for any help
Paul

--
Paul Cochrane (paul(dot)m(dot)cochrane(at)tuht(dot)scot(dot)nhs(dot)uk)