Re: [Fwd: Re: [DOCS] How the planner uses statistics]

From: Mark Kirkwood <markir(at)coretech(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [DOCS] How the planner uses statistics]
Date: 2005-02-11 05:28:35
Lists: pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:

> Hmmm ... it strikes me that someone wanting this level of detail
> would be better advised to look into the source code.

I did wonder about about it being better placed in 'internals'
somewhere, but it seemed to follow on from the 'explain' and 'stats'
sections quite well.

>I certainly
> wouldn't want to promise that a chunk of documentation like this
> will stay up-to-date.

Yeah - that is a concern... no doco is better than wrong doco :-)
Mind you, ISTM that the same objection could be leveled at the 'stats'
section....

best wishes

Mark