pg primary key bug?

From: pginfo <pginfo(at)t1(dot)unisoftbg(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg primary key bug?
Date: 2005-02-03 12:53:01
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi ,

I am using pg 7.4.5 on RedHat AS 3.0.

I am using it via jdbc and jboss.

I have found big problem about the way pg supports primary keys.
The bug was reported from my customers ( we are installed pg with our
ERP on ~ 500 costomers) and I do not know hot it is happen.

sklad21=# \d a_constants_str
Table "public.a_constants_str"
Column | Type | Modifiers
------------+-----------------------+-----------
constname | character varying(30) | not null
fid | integer | not null
constvalue | character varying(30) |
"a_constants_str_pkey" primary key, btree (constname, fid)

sklad21=# select * from a_constants_str ;
constname | fid | constvalue
-----------+-----+-------------
AACCGRID | 0 | SOF_3
AKLTYPID | 0 | SOF_3
ADARID | 0 | SOF_2
AOBLASTID | 0 | SOF_6
AUSERID | 0 | SOF_17
ANMGRID | 0 | SOF_21
LOCAID | 0 | SOF_41
DOCID | 0 | SOF_1585254
DOCPLAID | 0 | SOF_1052900
AKLIID | 0 | SOF_18740
DOCRID | 0 | SOF_2268142
DOCPOGPLA | 0 | SOF_324586
DOCID | 0 | SOF_1585254
DOCID | 0 | SOF_1585254
DOCID | 0 | SOF_1585254
AKLGRID | 0 | SOF_45
DOCID | 0 | SOF_1585254
DOCID | 0 | SOF_1585254
ASETUPID | 0 | SOF_4605
DOCID | 0 | SOF_1585254
DOCID | 0 | SOF_1585254
TDOCID | 0 | SOF_337
TDOCRID | 0 | SOF_19450
DOCID | 0 | SOF_1585254
DOCID | 0 | SOF_1585254
AGRADID | 0 | SOF_256
DOCID | 0 | SOF_1585254
ASLUID | 0 | SOF_46
NASTRF | 0 | SOF_88
ANOMID | 0 | SOF_1200
(30 rows)

Pls., see the records with 'DOCID' and note we have primary key defined.
At this moment we will create a new db and dump and reload the data.
The old one will stay and if needet we will be able to study the files
(the access to this customer is not very simple, but possible).

regards,
ivan.