Re: "ago" times on buildfarm status page

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: "ago" times on buildfarm status page
Date: 2019-08-21 19:40:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 8/21/19 11:07 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> On 8/21/19 9:55 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> The real problem with that column though is that it relies on run start
>> times that are self-reported by the buildfarm clients, and some of them
>> have system clocks that are many hours off reality. What *I'd* like to
>> see is for the column to contain time of receipt of the buildfarm report
>> at the server, less the measured runtime of the test.
>
> That might be possible. I'll put it on my list of things to do. It's not
> happening any time soon, though.

What I have done quickly is to store a measure of the clock skew. We
already calculated it but we didn't store it. Initial indications are
that only a few have significant skew.

Still, if we simply added the skew to the snapshot time that might be
enough to achieve what you want. That would be a one line change, I think.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan https://www.2ndQuadrant.com