Re: PostgreSQL Security Release

From: Geoffrey <esoteric(at)3times25(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Security Release
Date: 2005-02-01 13:42:56
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> In order to address a potential security hole recently identified with
> the "LOAD" option, the PostgreSQL Global Development Group is announcing
> the release of new versions of PostgreSQL going back to the 7.2.x version.

I want to make sure I understand this post. Does this mean that the
patch will be included in all the source/binaries back to 7.2.x that are
available on the mirrors? Visiting the mirrors, I only see updates
reflected in the v.8.0.1 directory. Does this mean the patch is only
going to be found in that version?

--
Until later, Geoffrey