Numeric type

From: phil campaigne <pcampaigne(at)charter(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Numeric type
Date: 2005-01-27 01:06:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All,
I have a double type in java that I am trying to store in postgresql as
type numeric and it doesn't seem to like it. The error message is,
function double(numeric) does not exist
unable to identify a function that satisfies the given argument type
you may need to add explicit type casts.

If I just want to store the number as 'xx.xx', is 'numeric' the right
postgresql type?
thanks,
Phil