Re: Upgrade from v8rc5 to 8.0.0 fails

From: Keith Worthington <KeithW(at)NarrowPathInc(dot)com>
To: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Upgrade from v8rc5 to 8.0.0 fails
Date: 2005-01-23 00:31:38
Lists: pgsql-novice

Michael Fuhr wrote:

>On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 05:50:40PM -0500, Keith Worthington wrote:
>

>>The download, build and check all went well. However, when I execute a gmake
>>install I got lots of errors saying "Cannot open: File exists"
>>

>What are the exact errors? Post just a few to start with; we might
>not need to see all of them.

Michael,

Thanks for the reply. I have reviewed all of the errors and found that
I made a mistake. After I compiled the code I switched to the user
postgres to run the check. After the check was successful I FORGOT to
exit to the root account to install the software. Once I found that the
install went fine.

--
Kind Regards,
Keith