Re: PostgreSQL vs. Oracle vs. Microsoft

From: Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>
To: Randolf Richardson <rr(at)8x(dot)ca>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL vs. Oracle vs. Microsoft
Date: 2005-01-20 18:03:17
Lists: pgsql-performance

Randolf Richardson wrote:

>> While this doesn't exactly answer your question, I use this little
>> tidbit of information when "selling" people on PostgreSQL. PostgreSQL
>> was chosen over Oracle as the database to handle all of the .org TLDs
>> information. ...
>
> Do you have a link for that information? I've told a few people about
> this and one PostgreSQL advocate (thanks to me -- they were going to be a
> Microsoft shop before that) is asking.

Of course you could read their application when they were competing
with a bunch of other companies using databases from different vendors.

I believe this is the link to their response to the database
questions...

http://www.icann.org/tlds/org/questions-to-applicants-13.htm#Response13TheInternetSocietyISOC