Re: 8.0 just hit slashdot!

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Jeff Davis <jdavis-pgsql(at)empires(dot)org>
Cc: Merlin Moncure <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.0 just hit slashdot!
Date: 2005-01-19 21:44:10
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Jeff Davis wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 08:49 -0500, Merlin Moncure wrote:
>

>>http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/01/19/1312224&tid=221&tid=198&t
>>id=185
>>

>Man, tough crowd. Did you see how much they were talking about count(*)?

Slashdot is good for press, not intelligent conversation. Most
of the people commenting on Slashdot about PostgreSQL don't
really have a clue about it...

I saw a lot of... there is no replication and even Pervasive
is the first commercial company to support it ;)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>8.0 is an amazing release, I can't believe such a negative thread got so
>much attention, especially since the issue is so insignificant.
>
>Congratulations to the developers and release people, you did a great
>job!
>
>Regards,
> Jeff Davis

Attachment Content-Type Size