Re: Another Plpgsql trigger example - summary table

From: Mark Kirkwood <markir(at)coretech(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: Mark Kirkwood <markir(at)coretech(dot)co(dot)nz>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Another Plpgsql trigger example - summary table
Date: 2005-01-15 02:37:37
Lists: pgsql-patches

Mark Kirkwood wrote:

> Looking at option 2, it seems reasonable to add a trimmed trigger
> example into the plpgsql examples section now, and leave the data
> warehouse introductory stuff for its own chapter at some later stage.

Sorry about this -

A amendment so as not not require a SELECT from the main table in the
trigger procedure. This makes the intent of the code more obvious, and
makes more sense within the context of the example.

Should perform better too.

Thanks to Simon for a mail that made me think about this a bit more.

regards

Mark

Attachment Content-Type Size
plpgsql-1.5.6.sgml.diff text/plain 1.2 KB