Re: [pgadmin-support] I fixed a couple compile

From: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
To: Shea Martin <smartin(at)arcis(dot)com>
Cc: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] I fixed a couple compile
Date: 2005-01-13 20:44:02
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

Andreas Pflug wrote:

> Please stay on the list with pgadmin topics!
>
> Shea Martin wrote:
>

> <big snip>
>

>> Installing GTK2 is real PIA. Luckily many OS's install it by
>> default, like most all Linux's, and Solaris 10. Unfortunately,
>> Solaris 8 and 9 are still pretty common.
>

> Don't blame gtk for not being preinstalled on Solaris 8 and 9, blame Sun.

Hiroshi and I worked last year on getting pgAdmin to run on Solaris.
AFAIR it was pgAdmin III 1.1.x with an old wxWidgets. I used to rebuild
gtk2 for some personal reasons but hiroshi was using sun's [1] one IIRC.

You may find some sun packages for it.

If you need a gcc built gtk2 package you may also take a look at
sunfreeware [2] or blastwave [3].

Please, tell us if you succeed. I'll come back on Solaris port if I have
more free time... this is definitely not the case at the time of this
writing...

Regards,
Raphaël
[1] http://www.sun.com/software/star/gnome/