Re: regress bug

From: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)justatheory(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)pgexperts(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: regress bug
Date: 2012-03-08 20:26:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mar 8, 2012, at 12:20 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> It works fine if you don't need to do any file conversions (i.e. if you don't have "input" or "output" directories). But file_textarray_fdw does.
>
> Here's a patch that I think fixes the problem.

While you’re there, an issue I noticed is that the MODULE_PATHNAME substitutions do not work if you have your SQL files in a subdirectory. My extensions have the .sql files in an sql/ directory. So that means when I have something like this in sql/plproxy.sql.in:

CREATE FUNCTION plproxy_call_handler ()
RETURNS language_handler AS 'MODULE_PATHNAME' LANGUAGE C;

What I end up with in sql/plproxy.sql is:

CREATE FUNCTION plproxy_call_handler ()
RETURNS language_handler AS 'sql/plproxy' LANGUAGE C;

Which doesn’t work at all, because the file is not installed in an `sql` subdirectory, it's just that way in my repository (and the distribution tarball). So I avoid the whole MODULE_PATHNAME business for now (and the .in file) and just do this, instead:

CREATE FUNCTION plproxy_call_handler ()
RETURNS language_handler AS 'plproxy' LANGUAGE C;

Which is an okay workaround, but I’m not sure that MODULE_PATHNAME is actually working correctly.

Best,

David