Home dir changes have broken MSVC builds

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Home dir changes have broken MSVC builds
Date: 2005-01-09 01:20:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Recent changes to interfaces/libpg/fe-connect.c have broken MSVC builds,
which I am reliably informed are definitely still required - at least
some uses of libpq.dll made with gcc apparently cause the resulting
builds or applications to blow up.

The trouble seems to come from these 2 lines:

+ #define _WIN32_IE 0x0400
+ #include <shlobj.h>

First, on MSVC, _WIN32_IE is already defined at that point. If you get
around that then processing the include file causes errors.

I am making some more tests and will post more details shortly - problem
first noticed by TJ Doesn'tWantToMentionHisSurname.

MinGW builds appear to be fine, though.

cheers

andrew