Re: [BUGS] More SSL questions..

From: "T(dot)J(dot)" <tjtoocool(at)phreaker(dot)net>
To: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [BUGS] More SSL questions..
Date: 2005-01-07 10:37:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Okay, I've been up all night testing this out and here's what I've got...

I sprinkled some printf's in fe-secure.c because a different error
starting coming up...

I discovered that on an initial connection open_client_SSL was attempted
4 times. r is -1 three times, then 0 the fourth time. The first three
times err is 2, the last time err is 1.

SSL Initialization isn't entered until the third try. But it works fine,
the homedir, usercertfile and userkeyfile are identified correctly
(c:\Documents and Settings\User\ApplicationData/postgresql,
postgresql.crt, postgresql.key, respectively)

The error coming up states that the private key file was changed during
execution. I looked at it (the error checker) and it has something to do
with comparing two buffers...

Anyways, after figuring out what was going on I went into that error
function and commented out the return 0, recompiled and a successful SSL
connection was made :)

Good work guys, you rock. =)