PostGIS binary geometry as binary data

From: "Administrator" <jnovak(at)novacell(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostGIS binary geometry as binary data
Date: 2003-12-18 17:06:52
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello All,

I'm writing a Windows app that's using the ODBC driver to access PostGIS
geometry. I'd like to have the driver return binary geometry as a
binary type rather than VARCHAR.

Any opinions from the group as to the difficulty of making such a change
to the driver ?

Might I get some hints as to where to search for the proper area of the
code to change within the driver ? I've done some preliminary browsing
of the driver source but no detailed probing as yet.

Best and thanks in advance,

John Novak