Re: FW: Couple of minor tweaks

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FW: Couple of minor tweaks
Date: 2004-12-22 19:22:43
Lists: pgsql-www

> It was decided not to include this since plperl is included with the main
> distribution.

Is there a list of what comes with the main distribution? That would
probably resolve the issue.

>>>Pyscopg instead of pygresql as Pyscopg is actually actively developed
>>>and full DB 2.0 complaint
>>>

> Hmmm.... PyGreSQL 3.6 was just released on 12-16/2004, and is maintained in
> part by D'Arcy Cain, a long time community member. Do you know who we can
> go to for clarification on this?

I could be a little historical on this... maybe list both? I don't
recall PyGreSQL being supported but that could have changed recently.

>>>TSearch2
>>>

> Again, TSearch2 is included in the main distribution. Also we are currently
> linking to the OpenFTS project website.

Right but OpenFTS is not TSearch2 :) but see above.

>>>And of course
>>>
>>>Mammoth Replicator ?
>>>

> Sorry, but consensus is to not list any commercial/closed source applications
> on the postgresql download page.

O.k. fair enough :)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc., home of PostgreSQL Replication, and plPHP.

Attachment Content-Type Size
jd.vcf text/x-vcard 640 bytes