Re: nice work on the new site

From: Rick Morris <rick(at)brainscraps(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: nice work on the new site
Date: 2004-12-22 17:05:34
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general

I *really* like the new design also, although one small detail niggles
me: the tagline says "The world's most advanced open source database". I
know it is fairly common nowadays to use the term 'database' when you
are really referring to a database management system (DBMS), but it just
drives me nuts. Historically, the PostgreSQL team has been known for
using correct terminology, in spite of trends.

Any thoughts, anyone? At least, could we compromise and say "The world's
most advanced open source database server"?