About the requirements of security for W32.

From: Alexander Panzhin <whereabout(at)mail333(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: About the requirements of security for W32.
Date: 2004-12-16 11:30:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

I understand that security is very important, but does it really matter

when 1 person wants to test his own app on his own PC(witch is not
connected to any Network).
I can not test any of my app with PostgreSQL because it will not install
on my WinXP(No NTFS).
It requests: NTFS, separate user and so on. Why?
I have only 1 PC, I do not want to switch from FAT32(I would loose all
my valuable data, and for compatibility with Linux) and in consequence I
cant test out PostgreSQL.
You would say to hell with Win use Linux ,but there is a problem of
testing Win apps on Linux.
It would be great if there would be a command line switch that would
overwrite some requiremnets(atleast for Win32 MSI Installer).